Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Maybe You Could Call Me?



So .... Yeah. I finally listened to the popular song "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen. I knew that the "..Call Me Maybe?" phrase was/is a quickly circulating meme and also knew of the song but only because of all the memes. -__-





Heheheheh... That one IS funny.




Awwwwww!!! Es kitteh! Yes, kitteh, I shall pet youz!




.... too soon?




-____-  

(This girl has a bunch of memes. All are creepsy)


But what IS this, exactly?

According to knowyourmeme.com, "The chorus of the song spawned a number of image macros featuring altered captions of the lyrics, using the following snowclone construction: 'Hey I Just Met You, And This is Crazy / But I’m Your X, So Y Me Maybe?'" (Snowclone Captions)

 I had to look up what a Snowclone is - http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/snowclones

I will never fully understand this (or the song) and why a song can spawn so many of them, but... whatever.

Personally, I like the Socially Awkward Penguin.



...This.

No comments:

Post a Comment